Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday Feature -- Green Bean Boutique

Today's featured Etsy artist is my friend Cara at Green Bean Boutique . She has also recently opened a second shop, MamaCloth. I am the proud owner of several Waldorf-inspired items from Cara, including some fabulous playsilks and this adorable, custom-made Waldorf style doll. (BB is getting the doll for Christmas, and I can hardly wait to give it to her!)

Cara is a fellow member of EtsyKids and EtsyMom.
She provides excellent, friendly customer service and all her items are truly made with love. If you shop with her, tell her Jen from Baby Friendly Beads sent ya!

Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you.
Interesting binteresting... I'm in love with being a wife and mama. It's my most favorite thing in the world, and we'd love to have a HUGE family, as many children as God sends us. I love to 'be prepared' and read up on things just for the sake of knowing them, like different methods of teaching kids to read, even though I am not going to really need that knowledge for a few more years. I love to try things just to see if I can do them, in every area, from sewing to cooking to shooting targets! I just like the challenge. Ha, I have a lot of 'love', don't I? I'm thoroughly enjoying life.

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
At the moment mostly Waldorf-inspired dolls and all-in-one cloth diapers. Other things make their appearance from time to time; as I work on different projects in my own home I share them through my Etsy shop.





(Note from Jen: Cara also sells bath salts and cloth pads for women's menstrual needs in her MamaCloth shop.)



What inspires your creations?
Family life. Most things come from our family having a need or a want and not being able to find *quite* the right thing in the store. So I figure out how to make what we need, then enjoy sharing it with everyone else.

Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I started sewing back when I was little, my mom would let me make 'quilts' out of fabric scraps. I had a My Little Pony kiddie sewing machine that really worked, and boy did I use it! I graduated to my grandmother's machine sometime in high school and started reading quilting books and clothing patterns and inched my way at becoming proficient at sewing. Now I'm finally to a point (after much trial and error) where I can dream up a project and sew it up with only minimal seam ripping.
What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite item in my shop right now is actually a set, my Mommy and Me Aprons- They are just fun to make, the fabric is amazing, and I love to imagine the family time that will be had with a special mama-daughter pair while wearing them.



What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
Happy, crafty, loving

What do you like about Etsy?
I love that there is such support for hand made items. It's nice to be around others who appreciate handmade things rather than think they are not up to par with store-bought.

What makes your shop unique?
Everything in my store is custom tailored to my individual family and our needs.

What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
For people selling, I'd advise them to love what they do. Being passionate about a product that you make really shows. For people buying, I'd encourage communication with the sellers. Most of us *are* passionate about our products, and we love feedback and questions!

Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
My blog, and you can also find me on Hyena Cart.

For more featured Etsy artist interviews, click here.

No comments: