Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday Feature -- Beaded Socks

After a bit of a break for the holidays, I'm happy to return to my Friday Feature! Every week, I post an interview with an Etsy artist. It's such fun to share the Etsy love -- this week's featured artist is BeadedSocks.

For more Friday Feature interviews, click here.


Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you.

I am a SAHM mom of two fun girls who are the highlight of my life. We have three dogs, a cat and a horse (all outside). My sister has Downs Syndrome. I enjoy computer work, crocheting, sewing & spending time with friends and family. I like to organize and wash laundry. I hang all my shirts the same direction, in the same way, every time.

To which Etsy Street Teams do you belong? EtsyKids, EtsyMom, EtsyBaby, Designing Swanky Moms and LizardsandLollipops

What do you sell in your Etsy shop? Socks with Beads Crocheted on the Cuff, Pattern for making Beaded Socks, hair clips, crocheted items, kits for making your own socks and bead supplies.


Note from Jen: she also sells these adorable doll diapers!


What inspires your creations? My Girls

Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.

My daughter is the creative one when it comes to choosing color combinations. I learned to make socks from my Aunt. She has been making them forever.

What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?

My crocheted butterflies. My grandma had two of these on her fridge when I was growing up. I adored them. When I got older, she let me borrow one for a pattern and I have been making them ever since (still have her pattern too) .


What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?

happy, helpful, kind

What do you like about Etsy?

The friendly atmosphere, unique shop name, customization of each shop and the ablity to advertise your etsy items on your blog or own website.

What makes your shop unique?

I have a huge selection of beads and supplies to make and remake all of my socks. Most of my listings can be custom made in any size and color.


What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?

Selling ~ Promote, promote, promote

Buying ~ Read as much about the seller as possible, especially feedback and look at the pictures closely to see the quality of the items.

Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?http://beadedsocks.net/


1 comment:

Girls Beaded Socks said...

WOW! What a nice surprise.
Jen, Thank You soo much!!
You are very sweet.
Stacey
:)