Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick. Again.

Well, at least I had about a week there when I felt pretty good. Kids and I have had colds since last week, and then last night my coughing and snorking was joined by what feels like flu.

I'm too tired to even do much in the way of ranting about it. That's how bad things are.

On the plus side, I'm spending most of the day in the bathroom anyway, since we've stepped up the potty training for BJ. We're doing a reward system, and he gets one every time he uses the toilet. I've decorated a big box to say "Potty Prizes" and put inside some sets of alphabet stickers, number stickers, some candy (he only gets one piece of candy a day), some big-boy underwear, a few other toys, and a set of letter magnets for the fridge.

The magnets are being awarded one at a time, so (as anybody who knows my son might guess) he latched on to those at once and is REALLY motivated to try to go. Yesterday we made 18 successful trips to the potty. Granted, many of those were only minutes apart and had less than a teaspoon of pee in the potty. He'd get one letter, slap it on the fridge, and announce, "I have to go potty!" And somehow he'd usually manage to produce a little something more. Tedious, but he was enthusiastic -- and really, that's the point.

As S put it, our boy is going to earn that alphabet "one cc of pee-pee at a time."

2 comments:

Julie B said...

Oh no! I hope you are all feeling better soon-especially you! It's hard to take care of your little ones when you feel worse then they do!

Too cute about the potty! 18 successful trips is great! Mara is determined to use the potty though I am not quite convinced she really knows what shes supposed to do :)

Arastradero said...

Oh GOD why is he so cute? I think you spiked his breast milk or something. :)

I can NOT believe you are sick again. What????????? How can this be?

Are you still breastfeeding? I just put together a simple and sweet herbal program for Piera, who keeps getting sick as well. If you are off the boob, I'd be happy to do the same for you.

Big hugs, call me if you need anything. Habitat restoration conference this week, wish me well!