Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 25, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Poo?

Wouldn't it just be too much if my 15 month old daughter potty trained before her 3 year old brother?

As I mentioned, she thinks sitting on the little potty is great fun, and yesterday peed there for the first time. Well, today she did #2. Surprise, surprise!

We've been making a fuss about BJ making poo-poo in the potty -- which he used to do, but now refuses. Part of the process, I'm sure. But I guess BB is listening more than I thought, because as I was cajoling BJ to try to get him to go, she made it clear that she wanted to be stripped down so she could sit on the potty. Since he wasn't having any of it, I let her.

She sat down, pushed, and then got a bit upset to see what she'd done in the potty. It was actually kind of funny, though I was careful not to laugh aloud. I praised her, she calmed down, and BJ got all excited. We'd just put together a star chart for BJ to reward his doings in the potty, and he insisted that she now needed one too.

So we now have two star charts. BJ is working towards a nifty stuffed dragon that we got at IKEA today. (BB is just getting stars, which is fine by her.) He's very excited about it, and if he earns 10 stars for pee and 10 for poo, and agrees to wear underwear, he will be able to play with it. We'll see how well this works. I'm not sure which way the "Monkey See, Monkey Poo" will go -- him following her, or her imitating him.... but the reinforcement is entertaining to watch. (Entertaining for our household at any rate. I assure you, Dear Reader, that I don't expect you to be all that interested in the bowel movements of my children!)

Tonight, his has four stars for pee, hers has one for poo. I never would have guessed. Nor would I have predicted I'd be blogging publicly about poo and pee, but heck, that's a mom's life for ya. Very little makes me blush anymore.

Everybody says girls are easier to train than boys, and I'd chalked that up to gender stereotyped nonsense, but maybe there's something to it after all!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

I LOVE it! Too hilarious. 10 stars for pee and 10 for poo! Defecation is the new poetic glamour...

Maria said...

That's great!!! 16 months, and The Boy FINALLY sat on his potty for the first time. He didn't do anything, but he is figuring it out... I sat down on the big one, so he thought he should sit on the little one. LOL!

Julie said...

My brother's kids are almost exactly the same age spread as yours (Feb 05 and Dec 06). His daycare provider told him that he'd probably end up potty-training the two kids at the same time.

Sounds like you are, too. Hey, that's a two-fer! Get it all over at once. Sounds good to me!