Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 10, 2008

TV is Not Evil

For all my anti-TV sentiments, I do occasionally use it to keep the kids occupied for a bit of time here and there. We don't have cable and really limit screen time around here, especially with BB. Even BJ rarely gets an hour a day, and most days he gets none at all. And when we do watch, I try to watch it with them and interact.

But if a Baby Einstein can buy me 20 minutes to cook dinner without any fussing? Totally worth it. And if I'm tapped out and need a half hour that the kids can reliably spend together without fussing at each other? Sounds good to me!

And when I peek in on them and see this:


Even I have to admit that TV is Not Evil.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I feel the same way. I don't believe in TV as a babysitter, but it's a nice resource to use occasionally. It can sometimes bring down the intensity in the house if we can watch something for long enough to break a bad cycle.