I dream of having a real studio someday, a brightly lit workspace with lots of windows and storage and stations for all of my creative endeavors:
- a writing desk, of course, with places both for journaling and jotting by hand and for composing on the computer
- bookshelves full of poetry and other beloved books
- a big table where I can set out whatever project is in process, without having to worry about cats or kids dismantling it
- shelves and shelves for bead storage -- I long for the space to organize by color!
- a spot for my sewing table, fabric, and quilting stuff
- hooks in the ceiling to hang mobiles I've made or ones I'm working on
- bins of basketweaving reeds and decorations
- heck, while I'm dreaming, I'll toss in a few hat blocks and storage for millinery supplies!
Such a space is far off in the future (if it ever becomes reality) so for now I'll have to be content with my little purple desk. And, as you can see, repurposed baby food jars work pretty well for bead storage -- that's what all the orange-brown lidded containers are!
When I'm beading, I usually move the boxes of beads (which are stacked on the right in the pic). They go to the floor or to the bed behind me, so that I have more room to work. I left out the reminder bracelets I've been working on and tidied up a bit, but basically this is what "my studio" looks like most of the time. Not much to see, but I'm proud of it!
Thanks to A Keeper's Jackpot for hosting the carnival. There were two topics this time around: "my studio" and "summer fun." You can see the full list of carnival submissions here: A Keeper's Jackpot: EtsyBloggers June 9, 2008 Blog Carnival.