I was tagged a while back by Jamie over at StampinMom -- now that the family cold has more or less passed, I wanted to take a moment to reply. Thanks, Jamie! (BTW, I'm a baby sniffer, too!)
It's been a while since we saw a version of this game around here, so here ya go.... I'm supposed to tell y'all "six random things" about myself and then tag some others to keep the fun going. (Caveat: my idea of random might not be your idea of random!)
1. I have a bad phobia about boats, but some of my very favorite books are the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian. (Yes I have read all 20 at least 4 times. I lost count.) These books are beautifully written, fascinating historical fiction about the British Navy during the Napoleonic Wars, and most of it takes place aboard ship.
2. I prefer vanilla to chocolate.
3. I was a fully grown adult before I realized that "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the alphabet song are sung to the same tune.
4. I miss Joel Robinson.
5. I can type 90 wpm, and I will sometimes "catch" myself "typing" words on my fingers as I read, as though my hands were poised over an invisible keyboard. I think it's an OCD thing.
6. I still have trouble distinguishing left from right -- even though I know the trick of the left hand making an "L" with the thumb and forefinger, even though I've been wearing a wedding band on my left hand for more than a decade now. The Hokey Pokey was hell as a child; 'nuff said.
And now to replicate the meme! I'm tagging Storybeader, A Keeper's Jackpot, and FaerieRebecca. Check 'em out!