Back when I actually thought we'd be sending out a letter with our Christmas cards (which have now turned into New Year's cards, if we're lucky... still intend to send them out! Promise! Today, if all goes well!) I started on some "top 10" lists for the family as a way of summing up the year. Didn't end up working out, though. Since these lists won't be going out in the mail, I figured I'd post them here. The ones for me and the kids, anyway -- the one from S isn't exactly ready for publication. (Which is why we're not sending them out. But I digress. Ahem.)
Jen’s Top 10 for 2008
1. Attending the Summer Conference for the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators in L.A.
2. Ramping up the crafting and beading hobby into an official business: Mama’s Magic Studio
3. Keeping up with the blog: more than 470 entries here at Mama's Magic!
4. Dancing with S again; we’re pretty rusty, but we haven’t forgotten everything.
5. Reading to BB and BJ
6. Visiting with Mom and Dad when they come to see us all the way from the East Coast
7. Surviving our first family camping trip, a three-day visit to the tent cabins at Big Basin
8. Participating in playgroups for BB and BJ
9. Healing a severely herniated disc – thank goodness for being able to function normally again, after much acupuncture and physical therapy!
10. Having the good fortune to continue staying home with two wonderful kids, the daily privilege of watching them and guiding them as they grow
BJ's Top 10 for 2008
1. Reading books – all by myself!
2. Playing “safari” (or “woods” or “aquarium”) by spreading out my toys all over the living room
3. Playing hopscotch with Pop-Pop and Giki
4. Visiting Nana J and playing with her dogs
5. Dressing up as a “friendly vampire bat” for Halloween
6. Going to the library
7. Going camping for the first time
8. Mastering potty training
9. Bringing Stuxey (my toy snake) with me almost everywhere I go
10. Starting preschool and making new friends on my own
BB’s Top 10 for 2008
1. Figuring out this whole walking and talking thing
2. Going from walking to running and climbing – scaling everything from the dining room table to the backyard play structure.
3. Going to the Santa Cruz boardwalk with Pop-Pop and Giki
4. Visiting the local park
5. Dressing up as a ladybug for Halloween
6. Wearing other people’s shoes
7. Dancing in the kitchen
8. Starting potty training
9. Moving into a “big girl” bed
10. Giggling with BJ
Happy 2008! May 2009 be a happy, healthy year. (Did I mention healthy???)