Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tweet... Tweet...Follow Me (But Not ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΙ / AKOLOUTHI)

So I did it. I'm tweeting.

Still not quite sure how I feel about it, and not sure how often I'll pop on, but it's been fun so far. I'm pondering a post about it all, but for now I'll just share the following little insight:

Every time I see that phrase, I can't help but think of the prostitutes in Ancient Greece, whose sandals would allow their footprints to leave an imprint in the ground: ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΙ / AKOLOUTHI ("Follow me") ...

So I'll blush just a bit when I say it: You can follow me here.

2 comments:

Head Bitch in Charge said...

Haha, that's funny! I remember hearing about that in a college course once.

Welcome to Twitter! I really enjoy it. It may take a little while to get the hang of it but you'll find it very simple to use. And the best part is, you don't have to worry about maintaining it like a blog. People will still follow you even if you are random and intermittent.

Jen said...

Thanks for the welcome and for the tips! I'm definitely still getting used to it. Downloaded TweetDeck this morning, and that seems promising. I was really having trouble keeping track of it all!