Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Featured Etsyblogger for July -- MiesMama

One of these days, I'm going to teach myself felting. (Don't worry, S, I don't plan to do so until I have more crafting space than the cramped corner of the bedroom that is currently my "studio!") Yes, my name is Jen, and I'm a serial crafting addict. (Hi, Jen!) I have a list of crafts I'd like to learn that is rivaled only by my list of books that I want to read (and re-read). And felting is very high up on that list!



Until I manage to learn how to felt (and probably long after!) I'll keep admiring lovely felted items like those found in this month's featured Etsyblogger's shop. MiesMama's Tree Fern clutch bag is just yummy!





I love her self-proclaimed mission, as stated in her shop announcement: "My goal is to spread a little handmade goodness, and perhaps be a little more self-sustaining along the way." Her handmade goodness encompasses felted bowls, garlands, key chains, pins, hair accessories, tooth fairy pillows (a brilliant concept!) bags, and "other goodies" like these "Wee Fairy Oakmen."


Someday, I'm going to have the space to set up a nature table. (Probably about the same time that I finagle that extra studio space... sigh.) Aren't these little guys too charming for words?

Congratulations, MiesMama! I really enjoyed checking out your shop. Not to mention your lovely blog! It's always fun to learn more about my very talented fellow Etsybloggers!

2 comments:

storybeader said...

MiesMama comes up with the cutest things... I wonder is it as easy as it looks? not! Anyway, it would be fun to try!

Jen said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks! Don't know about you, but for me those words "it would be fun to try" have been responsible for many a crafting adventure (and a few misadventures!)