I'm a confessed tote bag junkie, so I especially liked this painted tote bag from her Handmade shop:
Enjoy the interview!
1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
Sandi's Stash has fabric and blank tee shirts - in children's sizes w/way more fabric to add. Handmade by Sandi includes my crocheting - which I love to do and am trying to organize my time to make more, earrings, and things that I sew.
I've been sewing for many years - made clothes for my children when they were growing up (at least 30 + years ago) My mom taught me to crochet and I got hooked - have made crocheted stuffed animals for babies - years ago, and love crocheted hats and scarves, etc. Made my own crocheted hats for when I was going thru chemo - to keep my hair warm.
Creative process? I look around for crochet patterns that I haven't tried yet, and give it a go!
2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong? EtsyBloggers Street Team & Etsy Twitter Team
3. How did you get involved with Etsy? Wanted another avenue for talking about my website, as well as getting to know people.
4. What inspires your creations? - I make what I enjoy wearing, and hope that others will love it too!
5. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop? Having the right conditions to take good photos! I can get a number of items done to list, but getting the images right is a challenge.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?
My new favorite item, is my felted bowl!
Why is it my favorite - because I've never attempted anything like it before. I can't wear wool - because I break out, but I wanted to see if I would have the same problem just working w/wool - and I didn't, and I love it! I have some more already crocheted - just need to get the old washing machine going and see what happens!
7. What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
For sellers, good images and good short descriptions are a must. Most of all be patient! There are a lot of sellers out there and it takes awhile to get seen. Also try to list something frequently.
For buyers, there is a wealth of handmade items out there - a lot of talent just waiting for you to look at and buy.
8. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
I'm married to a wonderful guy, I'm a cancer survivor, as well as retired from the Federal Government. We have 6 children and 10 grandchildren. And in my spare time, I love to read!
11. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
My blog is http://www.sandists.com/Wordpress/
My website is http://www.sandists.com/I'm on twitter http://twitter.com/SandisTs
I also have a fan page on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/HandmadeBySandi/123459347500