This week's featured Etsy artist is Candi of Candace Rose (Previously called Dolce Chic). In her shop you'll find beautiful photographs -- I especially like this luminous shot of a Purple Passion Anemone.
Her work has also been featured on the Front Page of Etsy. (Congrats, Candi!) Enjoy the interview!
1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
I sell unique photos in various size prints and note cards. Most of the photos are of my mom's garden. She is has the most unique and gorgeous flowers I've ever seen!
2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong ? I belong to CCCOE, Sac Etsy, Poe team, and Women Photographers of Etsy.
3. How did you get involved with Etsy?
I actually had a knit shop on etsy, learned the ropes, closed it, and started my photography shop at the end of Dec. 2008...and haven't looked back :)
4. What inspires your creations?
Anything and everything. I love nature, and I am constantly inspired by my rural life. All I have to do is walk outside and see beautiful English roses, dahlias, sweet peas (in the spring) and more. I recently started photographing a vineyard nearby...as I am so inspired by it.
5. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?
Getting my work out to the public. You can't just list an item, and expect it to sell. There's a lot of promoting that goes along with it.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite item would have to be "Turquoise Sunflower".
When I saw the sunflowers in my mom's garden, I thought they'd look gorgeous in this turquoise vase. The rest is history. It's a personal favorite as well as others in the blogosphere!
7. What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?
Promote online, offline, get business cards, browse the forums, join teams, get your name out there any way you can. My blog has been very helpful to my shop.
8. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
I am a caregiver for my elderly grandmother who has dementia. I am honored to have been featured on the Etsy front page 4 times. :)
9. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
I'm currently working on a facebook fan page, and website.