Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 30, 2010

100+ Sales!

It's been a very full week at Mama's Magic Studio -- Mother's Day is typically the most popular time of year for my Etsy shop, thanks to my bird's nest pendants, and this year it's been the busiest yet! I had seven packages to mail out on Wednesday! Now, I'm sure that seven packages to mail in one day isn't that big a deal for some folks. But for me, with my very part-time operation, that's a record.

I'm sure that much of it had to do with the showcase spot that ran for my shop on Monday. I've always been hesitant about showcases, having heard mixed reactions from fellow sellers, and my last showcase (a jewelry spot) didn't work out all that well. But this time it paid off. I do think that the showcases with holiday themes work out best. It's obvious that folks are shopping on Etsy for Mother's Day, and anybody who has shopped on Etsy knows how (wonderfully) overwhelming it can be, so I think it's pretty clear that shoppers on Monday were looking to the showcases to help narrow all that down.

And while I don't have definite data to support it, my hunch is that the showcase has continued to pay off with the five orders that have come in during the rest of the week. I'd been slowly approaching that milestone of my 100th sale for some time now, and today I passed it!

Needless to say, I'm pretty proud!!!

2 comments:

giki said...

Congrats! Wonderful news!! And a wonderful milestone! Here's wishing you continued success!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

thank you!!!