Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunny Sunday

We had a nice, relaxed weekend, enjoying the sunshine and some good family time. On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for one of BJ's classmates. It was at Baylands Park, which I recognized when we arrived as a park where my dear friend M took me for some hiking and wildlife watching -- in those PK (pre-kid) days, so long ago! Was fun to revisit it with kids in tow.

On Sunday, we enjoyed hanging out in the little "yard" next to our patio. The students will be moving in this coming weekend, so we are trying to enjoy the all-but-vacant campus while we can! S and I sat in the shade and watched the kids ride their bikes around (and around, and around) "the loop."


Then BB got a notion and came over to where S and I were sitting.
"Mom, will you take off my helmet?" Because obviously I am up to something... just look at that look on my face!

And this is what she was planning:
Musical hats!
And then a photo shoot as the girl, obviously aware of how adorable she is, works it for all it's worth.

Then, as is usually the case, BJ didn't want to be left out of the fun:

Hat-napper!

And apparently he didn't want Mom to be left out of the fun, either...

Happily, BB was amused by it all instead of indignant that her brother had stolen her fashion prop.

All in all, a nice sunny Sunday. It's getting nippy, so I'm not sure how many more of those we'll have this season. Felt really good to capture some of it with the camera, and even better to make the time as a family to enjoy it.

2 comments:

cath c said...

looks like a perfect afternoon. so cute

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

pretty close to perfect! thanks :-)