Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Times

I've been having a really good week, full of good times. Busy, busy, busy -- but good! Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:

Tuesday mornings from 9 am to noon are my usual weekly work hours, and this week S and I shared a very pleasant creative session together. It turns out I married a paper crafting guy! Who knew??? Since starting to play Dungeons and Dragons again (he's a DM for a really fun group) he has discovered the wild and wacky world of card stock creations. Right now, he's been working on a card stock model of an inn where his players will have their next major encounter (i.e. -- big ol' fight) and so far it's looking like this:



I confess I never expected this. But it's been lots of fun to witness! There are some really artistic, creative folks putting out designs for people to play with. My beloved has been having a great time getting layouts just right (so they match the published descriptions) and making things like wee bar stools out of card stock. He's not done with the setup yet -- this one will take something like 80 chairs and a bunch of bar stools! And I'm talking really teeny tiny furniture -- he's holding one of the bar stools in this pic:

As for me, I spent the morning working on Mama's Magic Re-usable Gift Bags. Pics coming soon! Me and the sewing machine are having some really good times.

On Wednesday morning, I went to Open Sing at BJ's school. I love this tradition! Always heartwarming to sing with the kids.


After Open Sing, I visited a local crafting and creativity studio, A Work of Heart in Willow Glen. This place was amazing! BB came along while I met with Andrea, the owner, and we're talking about hosting some SF Etsy team events in the space. It merits a whole post of its own, which will be coming soon at the SF Etsy team blog. After checking it all out, BB and I headed over to a favorite restaurant for lunch.

Special Mommy & BB time! We had a lovely little lunch. Yummy food, good company, and nice weather out on the patio. BB really enjoyed it, too!
On Thursday morning, I was one of the drivers for the third field trip of the year at BJ's school. We visited Full Circle Farm! The kids tasted fresh vegetables, fed the chickens, and walked through the fields.

At the end of the field trip, each kid got to bring home a pumpkin!
Tomorrow is a big Halloweeny day, with parades at both the kids' schools and a carnival for BJ and trick or treating for BB. Like I said -- busy! And all good. Now if I could just figure out a way to get a few more hours each day to work on inventory....

No comments: