Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude

I woke up this morning thinking of a song BJ learned at school:

Thanks for our health
Thanks for our hearth
And the bounty that grows from the ground
With our loved ones near
We thank the year
That brought us safely round.

So much to be thankful for this year. My beloved children, and the way they fill each day to the brim with such joy. (And feeling especially grateful for their good health after BJ's head injury scare. Glad to say he continues to seem fine.) My dear husband, the best friend I could ask for and most wonderful life's partner. Family, some here with us now and some only in spirit, but all held close in the heart. Friends, old and new, blessing my life in so many ways. Our new home (and the fact that our old home is no longer our responsibility!) and S's job which makes it possible. Good food on the table, good books on the shelves, good health that allows me to enjoy it all...

On Tuesday, BJ's kindergarten class invited all the families to join them for the last hour of school for a little Thanksgiving party. The kids sang, they made friendship fruit salad for a snack to share, and they each stood up by the teacher to read aloud a sentence they'd written about what they were thankful for. Many were thankful for family, friends, parents... one said "hotdogs and rainbows" which got the award for specificity and made everybody chuckle.

When it was BJ's turn, he said, "I'm thankful for EVERYTHING!" His teacher told us that when he wrote it, she'd asked him, "Really? Everything even bumps to the head and other bad things?" To which he replied, "Well, no.... everything except the bad things." And alongside his picture (which, in typical BJ style, showed the state of California, next to a map of the USA, next to a picture of a globe, next to a picture of the universe) he drew a little circle with the bad stuff inside it and a line across the circle. Everything but no bad stuff.

Which is pretty much how I feel this morning!

Thanks for everything, world. Except bumps on the head. (Though even those bring their blessings in unexpected ways, don't they?)

And last, but certainly not least, I'm feeling especially grateful for my little Etsy shop these days and for the way in which it keeps creativity in my life. Thanks to all the folks who buy my handmade magic and make Mama's Magic Studio possible! As a token of my gratitude, I'm offering a special coupon through Monday 11/29/2010. Shop at Mama's Magic Studio, enter "GRATITUDEMAGIC20" and receive 20% off your entire order.

I hope you and yours have many blessings to count on this Thanksgiving day!

1 comment:

cath c said...

what a great perspective bj has!

happy thanksgiving!