Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 12, 2010

Inspiration

This month's Etsyblogger carnival topic asks us to write about inspiration. "What is always inspiring you?"

I'm inspired by all sorts of things. I draw a lot of inspiration from knitting and fibers. Though I'm not a particularly skilled knitter (I make a LOT of scarves!) I love to make knitting-inspired jewelry.

I also make a lot of handmade knitting needles. It's been very inspirational to see how well they have been received. I get a lot of oohs and aahs at shows, and my knitting needles were recently accepted by the buyer for the Museum of Craft And Folk Art in San Francisco, where they are now being sold in the gift shop!


"Yarn Ball" pendants, rings, and handmade knitting needles at my most recent craft show!

I am inspired by learning new techniques (I recently expanded my wire-wrapping repertoire of skills and am now making rings) and by pushing myself creatively. I'm inspired by thrift stores, wandering around and seeing how I might re-purpose a tired something into a new, beautiful something else. Though those creations haven't (yet!) made their way into my Etsy shop, they make my life more joyous and are a definite part of Mama's Magic.

I'm inspired by my kids and the challenges of motherhood -- my first Etsy shop (now closed) focused entirely on breastfeeding jewelry! I'm inspired by the natural world, by colors and color combinations, by textures and patterns, by poetry, art, and music...the list goes on and on!

What inspires you?

2 comments:

cath c said...

wonderful! congrats on the museum gift shop!!!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

Thank you, Cathy!