Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Is it really New Year's Eve? Hardly seems possible. It's been a winter whirlwind around here, with the holidays and family in town visiting. We had a wonderful Christmas in Yosemite, complete with fresh snow falling on Christmas night. Truly magical.

Fourteen folks got together for Christmas, and we had a lot of fun together. My sister and family have come and gone, as have S's brother and family and Nana J. My parents are still in town -- huge thanks to my dad for his help getting our computer up and running again!

Between the fritzy computer and the holiday travels, I've not been online much lately. Lots to catch up on, including many many posts that I've planned and hope to get to soon. I'll be re-opening my Etsy shop and Artfire shop next week. Lots to look forward to in the New Year, even if the first part of 2011 will be playing catch up to finish up 2010.

And in the spirit of wrapping things up, here's an excerpt from our holiday letter, summing up the year for the family:

1. Moved: NEW APARTMENT!
2. S: SABBATICAL!
3. BJ: KINDERGARTEN!
4. BB: PRESCHOOL!
5. Jen: ETSY!
6. BB: GYM CLASS!
7. BB: SCIENCE!
8. S: GAMES!
9. Jen: MOCFA!
10. House: SOLD!

Not a bad list, though I say it myself.

We'll be having a quiet New Year's Eve here with my folks and the kids -- karaoke, board games, pie and champagne. (Sparkling cider for the young folks, of course.) We may or may not stay up until midnight. But however it goes, it will be nice to ring in the new year with the people we love.

And then tomorrow night, S and I get a night away on our own -- the perfect way to start 2011!

Here's to the happiest of New Years!

No comments: