Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mama Radar

My Mama Radar must have been set to Extra-Sensitive today. I was taking a much-needed walk with my dear friend M, and the idea was to stroll for a bit before picking up BJ from school. We ended up at the school about half an hour early, and we were hanging out chatting, when I got a call on my cell. I almost never get calls on the cell, since we use it as an emergency only number, and in fact I usually don't even have it on. But as we were leaving, some extra mama-sense told me that I should have the phone with me....

Good thing, since it was BJ's teacher calling me to ask if I could come get him early. And there we were right across the playground from the door to his classroom. I was literally waving to his teacher as I was saying, "Oh, of course I can, in fact I'm right here now!"

Poor boo was sick -- fever of 103.5 when we got home -- and it was heartbreaking to walk home with him crying all the way because he felt so crummy. M was very kind about carrying his backpack for him and helping him hold it together while I signed him out of the office. His fever came right down with some ibuprofen, so hopefully this is just a quick virus. We'll see. At this point, I just hope that he gets a good night's sleep and that it's nothing serious -- and that it doesn't play dominoes with the family's immune systems.

On a happier note, Butchie seems a little perkier today and the swelling in her eye has gone down enough for her to be able to open it a little bit. Still quite swollen and painful looking, but better. Thanks to the many people who have reached out with their kind words and thoughtful reactions. It's greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

giki said...

Yikes! Poor BJ! I imagine that was a long walk home for the Poor Boo!
Keeping fingers crossed that the rest of the household stays bug free. Glad to hear that Butchie Blue is feeling a tad better.
Sending healing thoughts out to all that need them!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

thanks for the crossed fingers -- so good to talk to you this afternoon.