This week's featured SF Etsy member is Archana's Art & Stationery Shop. I adore handmade cards and stationery, so I loved perusing her shop. I especially liked this Mehndi Henna Pattern card set -- so striking and colorful Enjoy the interview!
1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
I make cards, custom invitations and wall art. Most of it starts off as a painting or drawing which I enhance in Photoshop and modify the layout to fit cards for different occasions. I'm flexible with colors, fonts, layouts, etc. and can customize almost every item. I especially enjoy working with watercolors, but have recently found myself trying new digital art tools which provide endless possibilities.
2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong? SF Etsy, Team Awesome, Treasury Love, Etsy Blog Team
3. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
While I'm not drawing, I work full time and am raising an energetic toddler with my husband. I love reality TV and dramas on the CW.
4. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite? I really like this save the date card because the painting came to me in a dream. I woke up one morning and still had it in my mind and recreated it in watercolor that night. While the design is simple, the watercolor paper gives it texture, and the paints add dimension that digital media can't replicate.
5. If you had a gift certificate to Etsy for any one item you wanted, what would you buy?
This steampunk necklace. I love the steampunk items from this seller.
6. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations? Blog Facebook page