Enjoy the interview!
1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
I create acrylic and mixed media paintings. I am architect by profession, so I have sketched, painted and drawn for a long time, but as far as my paintings go, I am mostly self taught except for an oil painting class I took few years back and a couple of seminars here and there.
2. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
I am the wife of an awesome man and mom of 2 equally awesome girls:-)
I am a foodie and love hanging out and vacationing with friends.
3. What inspires your creations?
Almost all my creations are inspired by nature and its elements. I draw a lot of inspiration from my Indian roots, its fabrics, weaves, spices and festivals!
4. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?
Getting found on Etsy is the biggest challenge I think. You get buried so fast, if you not on top of it.
5. If you had a gift certificate to Etsy for any one item you wanted, what would you buy?
I would love to get this table
6. Tell us about your first sale ever?
My first sale ever was to a couple we are good friends with, but the sale that I got a kick out of, was to a French couple who walked into my home then, where I was hosting a show (in Bangalore, India) looked at a piece titled "The Deep" and in an instant they bought it. I will never forget that one!
7. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?