Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Today my parents have been married for 42 years! 42 years and they still like each other! Dad still laughs at Mom's jokes, and Mom still teases Dad. (In our family, "a teased one is a loved one.")

When I was a teenager, my parents told me what my dad said to my mom when he knew that they were a good match: "With your looks and my brains, we could have great kids!"

My adolescent self replied, teasingly, "Oh, so you're dumb and I'm ugly, why don't we get married???"

(See, when you're raised with the motto "a teased one is a loved one" it can come back and bite ya!)

Happily, my parents laughed at my snarky comment. (Cos the thing is, my dad is a handsome guy and my mom is a smart cookie! I got good genes on both sides, Amen and Hallelujah.) And how lucky are my sister and I that they went ahead and did that having kids thing?

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! May we all be so lucky in our partners.

2 comments:

giki said...

Dad's prediction was golden and our best blessing. Thanks for the kind words. Love you.
Love, Giki aka 'the smart cookie'

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

love you too, mom! (smart cookie!)