Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Heart SF Etsy

Crafty friends, you'll sympathize with this. You know how when you're really fond of somebody you find yourself thinking up things you can make for them? Maybe you even consider learning a new craft just so you can make that perfectly special thing that would be exactly right for them?

I feel that way about the team that I lead, SF Etsy. We're the local street team for Etsy sellers in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I've been team captain for about a year and a half now. This weekend, I finally got around to making the banner that I've wanted to make for the team!






It's definitely a short-cut version (I pinked the edges of the blue flags instead of hemming them, and the red pom-poms are attached with a glue gun) and it was the first time I've made a flag bunting with words. For all that, I think it turned out pretty well for an afternoon's work!



SF Etsy, I heart you! And I'm excited to debut the banner at our next meet-up, the I Heart Art: SF Craft Party on June 10th. Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

nerd JERK said...

It looks wonderful, Jen! You can cut corners by pinking, you say? Hmmmm.....

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

HA! Yep, me with pinking shears -- tis a beautiful thing. Glad you like it!

tierramor said...

LOOOVEEEE your serious face! "I heart SF ETSY...WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF IT???"

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

Yah, don't you dare get between me and crafty affections! hahaha! S took the pic before I really had a chance to smile, and on the small camera screen it looked ok! Ah well, I look serious most of the time anyways.

ash said...

sooo freaking cuuute! sfetsy loves you too!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

awww! thanks, ash!