Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's My Birthday, And I'm Gonna Craft!

I'm looking forward to a fabulous birthday today -- so many good wishes received, so much fun planned!

This morning, I'm hanging out with the family and then going to lunch at Aqui's (YUM!). After lunch, it's angel food cake with strawberries and opening presents. Then, I'm heading over to the Craft Party!

I've been working on this event for the last several weeks, scheming with the I Heart Art: SF Co-Chairs, Steph of NerdJERK and Tammy of punkrawkpurl to make this an awesome party full of crafty goodness. Last night, I finished up my cookies for the bake sale and sewed up the last ruffled streamers for our decorations. With the help of this tutorial, suggested by Tammy, I was able to turn this:



into this:





Sewing paper is SO MUCH FUN!!!


We're expecting more than 180 people tonight! Local folks, come get your craft on -- hope to see you there!

5 comments:

nerd JERK said...

Holy moly! Those turned out amazingly! Cant wait to see em in person!

cath c said...

happy birthday! and that ribbon looks so festive!

ZZ's Garden said...

Happy Birthday!

That's the best part of having a birthday, you get to do exactly what you want to do, whether anybody finds that appealing or not. It's your day!

Blooms And Bugs said...

Hey, Happy birthday!
Birthdays are so fun! Hope you have a great one!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

thanks, everybody!!! it was a great day!