Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium


As promised, since BJ finally made it all the way across the monkey bars, we headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium yesterday. I've lost track of how many times we've visited the aquarium as a family, but we still love going there!


This time, the touch pools and seahorses were especially popular, as was the open ocean area. BB loved seeing the sharks, and BJ was thrilled to see in-person examples of so many of the fish he's been encountering in My Ocean Sim (his current favorite computer game).

We all had a lot of fun exploring the aquarium and enjoyed our window seats at lunch. Here's BJ showing off his missing front teeth after lunch:



And of course BB wanted in the pic, too.We were particularly delighted to have a completely unexpected meet-up with S's brother and family! I was heading into the elevator and there they were! (I shrieked my hello to them with such vigor, and they didn't recognize me for a moment, so at first I think they thought "Oh my goodness, close the elevator doors on that crazy lady before she comes in!") A very happy synchronicity indeed.

Both families were getting close to the end of their visits, but we had a very nice ending to the day in our time hanging out with them. Here's BJ and BB with cousin M in the wave room. Of course BJ is waving underneath the wave.

What a great way to spend the last Saturday of summer vacation!

No comments: