Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September?!?

It hardly seems possible, but there it is -- September first.

And BJ finishes up week three of school tomorrow!

Whatever happened to back-to-school being a fall sort of experience? Call me old fashioned, but back-to-school in mid-August high summer weather just doesn't feel right. I like so many other things about BJ's school, but not that.

My dear friend A said that she's declaring the start of fall as of next week. I think she might be on to something!

I'm definitely looking forward to crisp leaves, crisp apples, breezy autumn days. Hard to believe the school year will be already well over a month old by the time that comes around.

But really, that's a small thing to complain about. All told, first grade is off to a really good start. I worked for the first time in the classroom this week, and I really enjoyed it. Things went smoothly, the kids were (mostly) a lot of fun to work with. May that continue -- through September and beyond!

2 comments:

cath c said...

i can't believe it, either.

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

and here it is -- more than halfway to October and I'm just now getting comments posted! whoosh indeed. hope you're having a great month!