Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Grateful A Day #7: The Library

I've always been a fan of libraries. (Since I'm a huge fan of books, this isn't too surprising.) Since having kids (and downsizing the bookshelf space in our apartment) I've discovered them anew. Today, BB and I spent a lovely morning at the local library, choosing books for her preschool (library mom is my parent participation job) and selecting some for ourselves as well.

There are many things I'm less than crazy about in our country, and to my mind we don't support libraries nearly as much as we ought (especially in these shrinking-budget times) but the fact that libraries still exist at all makes me hopeful that we're doing something right as a society. It makes my book-loving heart so happy to know that there's a public place I can go to be surrounded by books, a safe bright place I can bring my kids to spend a morning among one of my favorite things in the world: books! And we can browse the shelves for as long as we like! We can bring some home with us for a while! For free!

Lugging home my tote bag full of books, I felt that familiar post-library-visit rush of gratitude, and I knew exactly what I'd post about today. To libraries (and librarians!) everywhere: thank you!

1 comment:

cath c said...

that is an excellent gratitude.