Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Grateful A Day -- #1: My Favorite Philosopher

In the spirit of seasonal gratitude -- and because I've been fighting to shake a grouchy mood for the past week or so -- I decided to post about something or someone I'm grateful for every day in November. (Gratitude is good for the soul, and something I'm working on being more aware of. Also, I have hopes that "A Grateful A Day Will Keep The Grumpies Away.)

So, without further ado....

A Grateful A Day #1: My Favorite Philosopher.



Also known as my husband. (S to Mama's Magic readers, BJ and BB's dad.) My best friend, true love, anchor, touchstone. My hand-holder, hair-brusher, laundry-folder, dish-washer, best-hugger, carrier of the keys. The one who knows me well enough to say, "You'll love this book!" Or to say, "There's no way you should watch this movie." The one who gets the inside jokes and oblique references (everything from the Aubrey/Maturin novels to Shakespeare, Kris Delmhorst songs, and MST3K). My fellow book-lover, fellow player-of-board-games, fellow watcher-of-Pride-and-Prejudice (for who knows how many times). Maker of puns, singer of songs, paper-crafter, laughter-maker. Dance partner, life partner, occasional partner in crime (remember those lilacs we stole?) and partner in parenting. My equal, but so different. He believes in my dreams even when he doesn't understand them. He knows just how unpleasant I am when I'm hungry or tired (or heaven forbid, both at once) -- and loves me anyway. After knowing me (knowing me better than anyone) for more than 21 years.

Grateful only begins to get at how full my heart is for him, how beloved he is.

Thank you, S, for all you do, all you are.

1 comment:

cath c said...

an excellent way to start your gratitude month!