Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Grateful A Day #15: Studio Time


I am so grateful that our family schedule once again allows me to depend on at least a little studio time per week. Most weeks, I get at least one morning of focused work time. Some weeks, I get two. Sure, it isn't a ton of time. But it is so much more than I used to have! And knowing that there's reliable time on a somewhat regular basis for me to focus on creative things makes all the difference.

This morning, I was able to spend several hours finishing up some shabby chic Christmas trees that I've been working on for the Jingle Fest craft fair on Sunday. (Local folks, I'd love to see you there! You can RSVP and get more info here.)



I'm really happy with how they are turning out -- they are the most eco-friendly craft I've made to date! They use recycled designer fabric that I got from FabMo, some vintage buttons from my grandmother's collection (told ya, Mom, that I'd find a nice way to use them!), cork bases from the huge bag of corks that I'd been saving because I knew they'd be useful someday (my dad would be so proud!) and a little bit of eco-felt to cover the corks. And they are really fun to make!
They can stand on their own or be hung as an ornament. The "shabby" sensibility is a new one for me as well -- I like how the frayed edges sort of echo the idea of pine needles -- and it feels good to be working on the sewing machine again. Hooray for studio time!

No comments: