Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Grateful A Day #24: Family

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I'm grateful for so many, many things. We had a very nice Thanksgiving day hosting dinner here at the apartment. I was busy busy with lots of cooking and preparing, but it all came together well.

BJ wanted to do a holiday craft, so instead of our traditional Thanksgiving Bowl, we did a Thankful Turkey. BJ and I collected the pine cone base on our way home from school on Tuesday, Nana helped out by cutting out a bunch of construction paper "feathers" and a head for the turkey, and we invited our guests to write something for which they are thankful on a feather.


I wrote "family" -- so did BJ and S a few other folks -- and it is definitely one of the things I'm most thankful for in my life. Not just my immediate family, which is wonderful, but also my extended family. And the only thing missing from yesterday being a perfect day was my family back on the east coast. I missed my mom and dad and sister and her family very much.

BB was especially excited about the holiday preparations yesterday. She loved watching us get out the china and set up the table, and she wanted to help out by finding some sparkly autumn leaf "treasures" in her collection. They were very pretty scattered along the table runner, much to her delight.


Nana found the perfect orchid flower arrangement to pull it all together (thanks, Nana!) and it looked very elegant!Unfortunately, I was too busy with everything to remember to get any other pictures of the day! I'd meant to get one with my camera of the family gathering. We were joined by Nana J, S's brother and family, and S's aunt and uncle. It was a lovely bunch and a very happy thanksgiving. Hope yours was too!

No comments: