Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Grateful A Day #4: My Sister

You were there in my earliest memory: me sitting on the avocado green woven armchair, holding you in my arms (with the help of a lot of pillows!)

You've been there for almost all my life. I don't remember a time when you weren't there. Through smiles and tears, through hugs and struggles, with laughter and love --you've been there with me. Playmate, companion, friend, fellow Raggedy-Ann lover.


One of the hardest things about living all the way out here on the West Coast is not seeing you more often, not being able to share the joys and challenges of adulthood the way that we got to share the joys and challenges of childhood. Those times we do have together are so very precious.

It has been a beautiful thing to see you grow up into the wonderful woman you are!

I'm so grateful for you, my sister!

No comments: