Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

When Worlds Collide

Star Wars continues to be very popular around here, which has led to some interesting recent combinations.

Star Wars meets the Princess Fairy -- or, BB while dressing up as a Disney fairy (Silvermist, I think) decided that instead she should be the blue fairy from Pinocchio -- until she changed her mind to say she should dress up as a Movie Star while also being "The Death Star" (note the circle spot on her head and the arm light sabers, both of which she made All By Herself):

She informed me that she was "trying to get all creative" -- and that is certainly the case. She was so delighted with herself that she insisted I get pictures. So of course I did! Also got a little video -- here's BB explaining the getup:



(The feather special effects never did come into being, alas, or at least not while I was watching.)

Later, decorating for Christmas, we decided to make a little MERRY CHRISTMAS paper banner. BB informed me that we would also need to make a banner that said "POD RACE" -- because she would be holding a pod race in the living room. Not one to argue with such logic, I helped her make the banner. But I didn't expect that she'd also want to use Christmas themed paper, nor did I suspect that we'd be hanging the banner right next to the Christmas banner.





The final surprise? When she informed me that the Nativity Set would be moved during the pod race -- into a "cave" so they could race by it. Seems the "cave" is on top of the ottoman in the living room.

Alas, I didn't get video of the race in progress. But trust me, it was quite amusing to see Anakin Skywalker zoom by baby Jesus, to much applause and acclaim.

Gotta love the imagination of a four-year-old!

No comments: