Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, BB!

My little girl turned 5 years old today. Last week, I enrolled her in kindergarten. This little girl of mine isn't so little anymore!

In honor of her special day, she brought in donut holes to share with her preschool friends. And at the end of the day, she got to bring home Sharkie! Sharkie is the preschool room mascot (yes, the teacher who introduced Sharkie was a local hockey fan) and kids are supposed to take him home for a week for "Adventures with Sharkie." We decided it would be fun for him to help BB celebrate her birthday.


We had cake (vanilla with chocolate frosting, made by me -- which explains the sliding blue flowers on top of the cake) and went to BB's favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes. Of course Sharkie came with us.

Note BJ's "why can't I hold Sharkie" expression. Way to get in the celebratory spirit, eh?

Lest you think all those veggies on the tray in front of her are an example of her stellar eating habits, take a closer look: the red plate is mine and the empty tray is hers. What makes Sweet Tomatoes her favorite restaurant? The noodles and "special cheese" (grated cheddar) and the macaroni and cheese. And sliced black olives and, occasionally, some sliced mushrooms. Finished with ice cream for dessert.

Before we headed out for dinner, BB opened her presents.

We managed some FaceTime with my folks so that they could see her open the ones from them. Brave new world, that's all I can say.

I shake my head and realize this seems utterly normal to BB and BJ. Still amazes the heck out of me.


She loved the sewing kit, stuffed unicorn, and cupcake set. Thanks so much, Giki and Pop-Pop! She made cupcakes right after finishing opening her gifts!


Many thanks to Nana for the Princess dolls! BB was excited to see Mulan and clothes for her. (We have yet to see the movie, but the Disney juggernaut has made sure she knows all the princesses names and qualities, regardless.)


The cash from Grandpa D and Grandma C was definitely a hit. Thanks!

BB decided that one of her gifts should be from Sharkie. So I gave her one of ours to her and told her it could be from him.

He gave her a new leotard for gymnastics! (A size 8, if you can believe it!!! Remember what I said about her not being so little anymore??? That's big even for her, since she's usually a size 6.) She picked it out herself.


It's so sweet how good she is about saying her thank yous and giving hugs. S managed to snap a pic of the two of us while she was thanking me for her gifts.

S and I gave her a responsibility chart of her own, since she's starting to earn allowance with turning 5 years old. We also gave her a Jasmine doll -- the Disney forces got us too, what can I say? -- and BJ gave her a Flynn Rider doll so that Rapunzel can have her prince.

She really liked the dress from Auntie B and family -- perfect choice! Thanks so much!

And now begins that crazy two months when I say, "I have a 5 year old daughter and a 6 year old son!" Happy Birthday, my dear girl!

No comments: