Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mystery Solved

In the kids' playroom, we have a pretend market stand. It's a cute little piece that we got from the thrift store a few years back. For the past few weeks, I kept having to fix the fabric at the top where it had been all pushed up and pulled down.

I'd ask the kids: what are you doing to this fabric? Why does it keep ending up like this? They claimed no knowledge of the situation. So I'd smooth it out.


And soon after, it would be messed up again.

This cycle repeated itself for a few weeks. I admit it: when I'm not feeling well, little annoyances like this bother me much more than they should. (I'm happy to share that the antibiotics did their work this week, and I'm feeling worlds better.) I was getting pretty frustrated.

Then, I went into the playroom and found this:


Mystery solved.

Who knew that the top of the market stand made a great cat hammock?

If a precarious one... I now see why I didn't find Stormy up there sooner. It seems he'd get up there, relax for a bit, then the back would start to fall down, and he'd have to jump out.




I'd then come in and see it messed up and fix it. And he'd get right back up there until his weight pulled it down again. Lather, rinse, repeat.


So far, I've only seen him up there -- his sister seems to have no interest in the awesomeness that is the cat hammock. It's probably only a matter of time.

No comments: