Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Another Happy Mother's Day!

What a lovely Mother's Day! I got to sleep late and got all sorts of love and good family time. Who could ask for more?

When I got up -- a good hour and a half later than I usually would (bliss!) --breakfast was made for me. Idea courtesy of the kids; execution courtesy of S.

Yum! Pancakes!
I was showered with many thoughtful gifts and cards, including ones made by the kids (my favorites, of course). BB drew me a house with colored pencils -- I love how she continues to explore new techniques with her art! -- and BJ made me a card at school (on my favorite color of construction paper, naturally).

House by BB -- I had to play with the scan settings so it would show up, since the colored pencils were a little light. Love the detail of the shutters and the flowers!


The inside of my card from BJ: "dear mom. I love playing and snuglling and talking and resting with you."

S also gave me a gift certificate for a massage (yay!) and helped the kids with a "surprise" for me -- getting my bike all fixed up! After more than a year in storage, the tires were flat and it needed a bit of a tuneup. Later that afternoon, BB and I went for a bike ride together on campus. Lovely.

In the afternoon, we did our weekly Sunday Family Movie, and I got to choose. Mary Poppins! S and I also put in phone calls to our moms to wish them a happy day. Now that I have my own kids, I am ever more grateful for having had such a wonderful mother myself. Thanks, Mom!

In the evening, we went out for a family dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Before heading out, we tried to get a picture of me and the kids, since an annual mother's day pic has become a tradition. Unfortunately, between BB's insistence on "posing" for pictures and BJ's being in the "manic cheese" stage of smiling for pictures, we didn't get a very good one of all three of us. 
BB and me, both looking sweet (one of her less obvious "poses" for pictures)

Got one with BJ before he said "cheese!"
Last year, we got a great picture of me in the middle with both kids kissing me on the cheek. (Loved it so much, I've used the pic on Facebook for a year now.) Tried again this year, with less stellar results.
BB had the right idea... a gentle peck on the cheek. BJ had to plan his approach.
Actually, this is my favorite picture of the day. I love the gentle smile on BJ's face.

Turned out that BJ's contribution was a wet, sloppy, open-mouthed smack.
I tried to keep a nice smile, but my expression betrayed the squick factor involved.
This was the last pic we tried to take in the "Good Picture For Mom Before Dinner" photo shoot.
At dinner, the kids behaved fairly well, especially considering how crowded it was. We ate on the patio and afterwards they goofed around near the entrance. They are definitely learning how to ham it up for the camera.

After dinner, we went across the street to the candy shop for a sweet treat. BJ was mesmerized by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder version) which was playing on a TV in the back.
Angry Birds

BB was overwhelmed by all the choices and took a good 15 minutes to make her selection -- finally settling on PEZ!
We tried again for a shot of me with both the kids...
Too sunny, Mom!
And then called it a night. What a nice Mother's Day! Hope all the other moms out there had a lovely day as well.

No comments: